Friday, October 15, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts


Ah, blogger babies, I know you've been more than disappointed with the lack of posts lately. I'm attempting to mega-multi-task here. I'm currently attempting to catch up on Dexter, stay tuned into my husband and I's new video game world. That's right I said it. We're healthy addicted to the new Final Fantasy. Anyway, after a lovely trip back home, I had the two weeks of the husband at WLC and now he's off to two more schools. Since he'll be gone for about a month I'm going to spend the month back home for various reasons. I probably won't do much cooking at all while I'm there, so it's just fair warning. I'll try to get you a few posts before then. I got the first steps of this idea from the chicken enchilada recipe from the hub's grandma.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 slices bacon
1/2 okg. cream cheese
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 large onion (sliced)

Directions:
Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside on paper towels to remove excess grease. Allow about 2 tbsp. bacon drippings to remain in pan. Place sliced onion in pan and cook down on medium heat. Place cream cheese in pan and cook down until melted. Once combined, add cheddar cheese until stirred together and melted. Slice open the top of the chicken breast and create a pocket. Spoon a generous scoop of cheese mixture into the pocket. Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes. If you're cooking large chicken breasts it will take longer. I used smaller breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment