Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Caramel Drizzled Peanut Clusters


Every year we make the same peanut clusters. Easy, delicious, and to the point. I mean, can you possibly go wrong with peanuts and chocolate? I think not. Well, what's better than plain 'ol peanuts and chocolate? Peanuts, chocolate, and carmel. Yum! We had already finished our holiday baking grocery shopping but I called my mom and insisted on picking up a few more ingredients to spice these bad boys up. I'm sure glad I did, they looks so much prettier and my brother basically ate the entire batch of 'em Christmas morning.

Ingredients:
1 pkg. chocolate chips (milk chocolate)
1 pkg. spanish peanuts
1/2 pkg. caramel candies (unwrapped)
1-2 tbsp. water

Directions:
Lay out wax paper large enough for your batch. About two feet should do it. Melt chocolate chips in bowl in microwave. Once smooth, mix in entire package of peanuts. Drop onto wax paper with a spoon in desired cluster size. I use a heaping spoonful. While clusters are setting, place unwrapped caramels into bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of water and microwave until melted. Take spoon and drizzle desired amount of caramel over the clusters. I used a good amount, and they must have been good because they sure did get eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment