Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oreo Bark


While I made peppermint bark last year, I figured the Peppermint Pretzel Rods were enough and went with something I really wish I could try! Oreos may or may not be.. okay they are my one weakness. Though I haven't eaten a single one in months, that doesn't go to say I didn't smell them before I had my kid sister smash them up for these delicious treats! My husband's brother at one point asked 'Who made these 'cause they're friggin' good!'. That then turned into his other brother and dad trying it. I'd say that it went over pretty well. I had left over melted bark and chocolate chips so I went ahead and drizzled the top of the bark for a more appealing look and I'm glad that I did!



Ingredients:
2/3 pkg. Oreos
2 pkg. milk chocolate, chocolate chips
2 pkg. white chocolate chips

Directions:
Lay wax paper inside of a large baking pan or cookie sheet. While the chocolate chips are melting in the microwave, place 2/3 of the package of Oreos into a ziploc bag and crush. I let my little sister use a rolling pin and have some fun. Remember that you want some bigger pieces in there too, don't let the kids crush them all into crumbs! Take the melted chocolate chips and spread evenly onto the wax paper. Sprinkle a handful of the crushed cookie pieces over the melted chocolate chips. Allow to set while you melt your white chips. Spread melted chips over the now set chocolate chip spread. I try to do it fast before the white chips re-melt the chocolate chips so that they don't mix together. You can set aside a small amount of the white chips for drizzling later if you'd like. Take remaining cookie pieces and spread evenly over melted white chips. I take a fork (or spoon) and gently press them down into the mixture so that they don't all fall off once it sets. Cover with foil and set in fridge for 30 minutes or until set completely through. Break into desired bark pieces. Drizzle with extra melted white chips for a more appealing look.

No comments:

Post a Comment