Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chocolate Banana Muffins


Chocolate and bananas... just a couple of my favorite things. I didn't try these because I figured that trying one of the cookies was enough sugar and junk for one day. My husband did come home in time to still try them while they're warm. He gave these the thumbs up. Now, I added some spiced rum at the very end, no worries people, not enough to knock your socks off but I'm sure I could bake up a batch that could if you were having that kind of day! These were easy enough to make and baked up fairly quick. I've got a new obsession with cupcake liners and cookie cutters so I was semi-eager to use some of the new liners I picked up from the PX this weekend. I have some cuter ones but I'm saving them... for who knows what. Maybe I'll make something later this week with them. I got them in the mini size too, not that I have a mini muffin pan, but I've hinted to my husband about 5x now that the PX sells them for semi-cheap. Now that I think about it, Wal-Mart probably sells them for even cheaper. Now, to make up a good enough excuse to go to Wal-Mart.. hmm, ah yes, the car needs an oil change! Perfect. Muah-haha.

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar (I used light)
1 tsp. baking soda
3 heaping tbsp. cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
2 eggs
1 tbsp spiced rum (optional)

Directions:
With a mixer, beat bananas until smooth (well, they're be some lumps). While still beating bananas, add oil, sugar, and eggs. While mixing, sift flour, cocoa, and baking soda together and then slowly add to wet mixture. At the very end add 1 tbsp of rum. (This is optional.) Line muffin pan with liners and fill liners 3/4 of the way full. (I used an ice cream scoop) Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350F or until the tops are peaked and firm. I pulled them out immediately and placed on a cooling rack.

1 comment:

  1. OK. I was doing just fine reading your blog... til I came to this post. OMG! I have GOT to try this recipe! (I followed my nose from 4Guys4Me)

    ReplyDelete