Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mini M&M Cookies


Well my husband and I were planning on seeing a movie tonight but when we pulled into the tiny movie theatre parking lot to find a line to buy tickets I suggested we just run to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart that we needed and try the movie tomorrow. He agreed and we headed to Wal-Mart. Now, I was more than disappointed when I couldn't find the Valentine's day colored M&Ms so I settled for the mini ones. I don't know what my new obsession with mini is but they just seem to make everything so much cuter! Mini chocolate chips look so much better than regular sized chips and the same can be said with these little colorful cuties! Now I used my new favorite CCC recipe but just swapped out the chocolate chips for M&M's and actually made them mini. I first had the idea to make them ginormous. I got out my ice cream scooper and then felt like maybe it'd be better if I went in the other direction and made them mini. I used my cookie scooper and then split that into two smaller balls, rolled them into a ball and then flattened the tops with my fingers. Once I flattened them I put a few M&Ms on the top of each cookie and baked them for just 6 minutes at 350F. This was the first time baking with my new cookie sheet and Silpat liner that the husband got me for Valentine's day! I must say that the Silpat liner is an absolute must for anyone that bakes. It's so- nice! While I was baking the husband was having a glass of wine in the other room. I kept thinking how classy he was being, drinking it out of a wine glass and everything. As soon as I bring him a plate of cookies my husband crumbles back into a child and asks for a glass of milk with his cookies. A big smile followed, just like I knew it would!

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt (heaping full)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (I fill it until it spills over)
3/4 cup mini M&Ms

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These look amazing! I bet your hubby is one happy man with all the cookie baking that has been taking place! I gave you a blog award on my blog! Hopefully some new ladies will find your yummy treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have awarded with you with a "versatile Blogger" award, see details on my blog!

    ReplyDelete