Monday, January 24, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops


Well, while I was pre-occupied trying to make my husband these pork chops, some onion petals complete with dipping sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, and creamed corn... I burnt my own dinner out on the grill. I managed to complete his dinner, oh and to top it off, I made him some puppy chow. I can't lie. I'm just a little jealous! Right after he finished dinner he came back to sit on the couch... I'd say less than five minutes later he jumped up about four feet screaming. Finally I noticed why he was jumping and screaming as a huge, and I do mean huge spider fell to the floor. Ah, never a dull day in this house!







Ingredients:
2 boneless pork chops
2 strips thick cut bacon
2 eggs
1/3 cup cornstarch
garlic powder
black pepper
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions:
While heating oil in a large saucepan, season both sides of pork chops with garlic powder and black pepper. Wrap each chop with a slice of thick cut bacon. Whisk eggs in one bowl and place corn starch in another. Dip each chop in the egg mixture and then into the corn starch. Allow to cook in the hot oil 4 minutes on each side. Remove and place on paper towel lined plate to soak up excess oil. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment