Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chicken with Rice & Veggies


Okay with my last post being about how much my husband disliked the meal, I'm glad to say, and shocked all at the same time at how much my husband ate of this! He went back and piled all the remaining veggies and rice onto his still half full plate! Meals like that make me a proud gal! I also only took three, count them, three, photos of this meal, normally it's as many as twenty! I must have really just been on top of my game that night! I won't go on to brag about how I kicked his butt at the Kinect later, or maybe I will a little. Alright, alright, we basically end up evening up the scores but hey, details, schmetails!

Anyways, I'm trying to accomplish something this morning but there isn't much to do around the house. I went to town yesterday all morning and into the afternoon, cleaning, I mean deep cleaning our laundry room and bathroom. Washed all of our & the pups bedding, dusted, you get the picture. Oh, I can't forget to mention that I used my massive guns to rearrange the bedroom furniture all by myself! I don't know why but I always love sleeping in my room the first night after it's been rearranged. It's like I'm on vacation somewhere else.. that sounds silly, huh? Well with a movie on the agenda later for the hubs and me, I better get to finishing this blog post and on to the rest of the day!

Ingredients:
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I used carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and squash mix)
2 cans cream of celery soup (plus 1 can of water)
2-3 tbsp. chicken bouillon
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes

1 cup white rice
1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 425F. Combine soup, water, and seasonings together in a large casserole dish. Place chicken breasts in mixture and take a spoon to cover chicken with mixture. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and add frozen vegetables. Re-coat your chicken with the mixture again and place back in the oven for 20-30 more minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked.

I cooked my rice on the stove just before my chicken finished cooking. I seasoned the water with a bit of garlic powder but feel free to leave it out! Wha-la!

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's Laurie from AWC, just thought I'd stop by and comment. I love your food photos! They look quite professional, at least in my opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete