Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken Alfredo


With my husband and I eating very different things as of lately, I'm getting a lot better at making two meals out of one. I decided I was going to have some baked chicken for myself tonight for dinner. It was easy enough to boil some noodles and whip up some Alfredo sauce while the chicken baked. The only problem is that there are always leftovers and my husband just doesn't seem to ever eat them the next day! Now, I think that people who don't cook on a regular basis might find the simple thought of leftovers as boring, or repetitive. I, my friends, a seasoned chef of course, love left overs. How nice is it to wake up the next day, have a little breakfast and when lunch time rolls around, you don't have to cook anything because low and behold, there are some delicious left overs! No, my husband would rather have something new to eat which I guess I could complain about, but then again, practice makes perfect. My cooking skills are... somewhat improving I hope!

Ingredients:
1/2 box fettucini noodles
1 baked chicken breast
1 packet Alfredo sauce mix
(which calls for 1 cup of milk and 3 tbsp of butter)
garlic powder
pepper

Directions:
While the noodles are boiling, slice up your chicken breast into strips. Whip up the sauce according to packet directions. I add some garlic powder and black pepper to mine. Once the noodles are finished boiling and drained, toss in a bit of olive oil. Combine with alfredo sauce and sliced chicken. I tossed a few brussel sprouts to the boiling noodles the last few minutes to serve on the side along with a slice of Texas garlic toast. No complaints tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment