Saturday, April 7, 2012

Banana-Nutella 'Ice Cream'



Now, I know you're thinking, what the heck is that a picture of? Well my blogging friends, that WAS delicious, chocolate-y, banana-y, goodness! This was super easy and a little challenging at the same time. I originally found a recipe that was titled 'Nutella Fudge Pops'. So I venture to Wal-Mart that day looking for Popsicle molds... na-da. After searching the darn store for over 30-minutes I gave up. I decided I'd try and just put the contents into plastic tumblers with a Popsicle stick and hope for the best. Well the best wasn't good enough so I pulled that stick out, grabbed a spoon, and well, the rest was history. Ice cream with no milk or cream? Yes, please!

Ingredients:
3 frozen peeled, ripe bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup Nutella
pinch of salt

Directions:
I threw all the ingredients in my Kitchen Aid mixer and mixed it at level 2 until the bananas started combining, then turn speed up to mix into a creamy consistency. I learned my lesson on trying to speed up the mixing process because I cranked that bad boy up to 5 to see what it was really made of and well, what came next was a 1/2 frozen banana flying towards my face leaving chunks of nutella on the counter, the floor, and yes, my shirt. Take it slow my friends, take it slow. Think of this recipe as a 'wine & dine' type of gal! Place in desired container and freeze. Grab a spoon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment