Sunday, April 15, 2012

Drop Sugar Cookies



So, I was expecting these little guys to flatten out a bit upon baking but, I have to admit they were kind of cute in their little fluffy ball shape. I also have to admit my favorite part of the cookie is the inside, I've never been much on 'crunchy' cookies unlessssss you bring up the ever so famous Oreos, but that's another cookie, another day. Can't let the Oreo steal the show here. The truth is, after a few glasses of wine anything of the cookie variety sounded absolutely delish so I dove on in and started baking. Between the wine and trying to converse with my mom via telephone the entire duration of ingredient mixing I'm surprised these little guys turned out so well.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. AP flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter (room temp.)
3/4 c. sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In mixer, blend egg, sugar, butter, and vanilla until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until dough is formed. I dropped them with a cookie scooper and baked at 350 for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment