Sunday, April 15, 2012

Homemade Pizza



Mmmmmm mm. My friend Tina and her husband have been apparently going on and on about my homemade pizza ever since they came over for dinner a few weeks ago. We went out to lunch yesterday in Savannah and returned to their house to later cook dinner. Ideas were thrown about, what to cook and what not. The final word was pizza. Made by me. So we made two because you know, not everyone likes the same types of pizzas. One was topped with pepperoni, hot Italian sausage, onions, and green peppers, while the other was just hamburger and pepperoni. I tried the first, and I have to say it was by far the best pizza I have made e.v.e.r. Have you ever eaten something and wished that you could for that one meal extend you stomach, I don't know, twenty-five times it's size so you can continue to eat without feeling sick? Well, two slices is usually all it takes to reach my maximum capacity level, so I wasn't able to eat the entire thing my self. *sigh* However, I'm sure my scale is thanking me today that I stuck with two slices instead of the entire pizza. Another couple joined us for dinner as well, the wife gave the ultimate compliment of stating she thought it was the best pizza she'd ever eaten. Hello, I made it! I'll go ahead and let you in on the staple ingredients... including the one secret ingredient I swear is what makes it so good... the crust!

Ingredients:
2 boxes Jiffy pizza crust
1 c. water
3 cups shredded mozerella & provolone cheese
pepperoni
1 lb hot Italian sausage
1/2 white onion (sliced)
1/3 green pepper (chopped)
1 jar Classico pizza sauce
butter (I butter the pan really well and also my hands when stretching out the dough)

Directions:
Follow the instructions on the back of the crust box =) I use 1 large cookie sheet per 2 boxes of crust mix. Usually serves 4 people (2-3 slices per person)

No comments:

Post a Comment