Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chicken, Bacon, & Swiss Wrap



I'm backkkkkk! Well fellow bloggers, after a very long at times/short at times year, my husband has returned from his one-year tour in Afghanistan. So, I'm now back at Fort Stewart and officially back in my 'own' kitchen. Our place is smaller than our last and we by no means have less stuff! As time has progressed so has my kitchen collection! My cabinets are full of my kitchen gadgets and goodies again. I've had this new found love for wraps for awhile now and thought I'd go ahead and try to make a couple up for lunch today. They were a hit and really quite simple. And that's a wrap! (I had to do it!)

Ingredients: (for 2 wraps)
Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Wraps
2 chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 inch strips
3 tbsp. ranch dressing
3 slices of swiss cheese
2 cups lettuce
4 slices bacon


Directions:
Sizzle your bacon up in a large pan on the stove. Set aside on paper towels to absorb excess grease, drain most of the drippings from the bacon pan, add chicken. Cook chicken on medium heat until cooked through. I seasoned mine with a bit of black pepper and garlic powder.

Once your chicken is cooked, I let mine get a good little golden brown on it, I assembled my wrap. I placed 1 1/2 slice of swiss cheese on each wrap, topped with bacon, chicken, lettuce, and finally the ranch. These turned out quite a bit more filling than I imagined but my husband can't seem to stop eating since he's been home so he polished off 1 & 1/2 of these bad boys. Definitely something that I'd recommend making if you've got left over chicken as well, or making ahead for lunch and wrapping them up, they should keep quite nice in the fridge for next days lunch. I guess I should add that I ended up with an extra cup or so of chicken that I just set aside for a salad for tomorrow, so in the event you're trying to over stuff your wraps with mouth watering chicken and you can't seem to close the darn thing, just set some aside for something else! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment