Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shrimp & Rice



This was seriously the easiest meal ever. I figure since my husband is now sick and in bed early, I'd take some time to get back into the blog of things. So, I'm not going to lie, it's been nice getting back into the swing of cooking again but even great chefs like to take the easy way out sometimes right? Okay, really, I just didn't feel like waiting for meat to defrost so I figured it'd be easy enough to thaw some uncooked frozen shrimp and go from there. So, here's what we ate for dinner.

Ingredients:
1 cup white rice
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
18 large uncooked peeled shrimp
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp. seasonings (I used a premixed grinder my dad got me awhile back, a little garlic powder, and yes, more black pepper!)

Directions:
Start your rice, I add my seasoning to the water before it begins to boil. Thaw your shrimp and take off tails. Add butter to saute pan on medium heat and allow it to melt. Add desired seasonings to butter and add shrimp. Your rice will probably be done by now but I usually allow it to sit under the lid for longer than the normal amount because hey, I don't think it seems to hurt. Allow shrimp to saute for about 5 minutes. Wha la. I threw on a side of green beans for the husband just because he complains if he doesn't get a vegetable, him and the dog split those!

No comments:

Post a Comment