Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kielbasa Quesadillas



You know that feeling when you know you really should go to the grocery store but money, time, or pure procrastination simply does not allow it? That's been the state of this house all week! Sure there is a little of this and little of that. We have 1/2 a gallon of milk and a fresh carton of eggs, but nothing that makes me say, 'Mmm, I should make (insert title of delicious dinner here)! Behold, the Kielbasa Quesadilla! While my husband actually asked me not to post this recipe, I simply could not let my food-blog-orexia step down. I told him that I will post everything I make. The good, the bad, and the very, very ugly.

I should now add that, I found these to be good. I should also add that my husband is a self-proclaimed 'meat & potatos kind of guy'. Anything that is not meat (preferribly a slab of steak), potatos (mashed, of course), and corn (creamed, please.) and the food to him, is merely mediocre. Now that's out of the way! The not so 'normal' quesadillas.

Ingredients:
1/2 Kielbasa
1 tbl. minced garlic
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1 small onion
4 tortillas
1 1/2 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
2 tbl. Olive oil

Directions:
Chop onion and slice kielbasa into 1/4 in. slices. Combine with garlic over medium heat, cook until kielbasa is heated through and onions begin to carmalize. Remove from heat and set aside.



Heat flat pan for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Lightly drizzle olive oil in middle of the pan (you will have to do this for each tortilla seperately). Place tortilla on olive oil, sprinkle cheese on one 1/2 of the tortilla, a few spoonfuls of cooked kielbasa, onion, and garlic, and sprinkle of bacon bits. Fold empty side of tortilla over ontop of filling. Allow to cook for another minute, and then flip. Cook for 1-2 minutes, checking frequently. It should be lightly toasted and crispy.

I cut these into 3 small triangles with a pizza cutter immediately after removing them from heat. Serve right away.

Photobucket

Please excuse my tacky blue plates, I purchased them when I was 18 with no intentions of food blogging! I should add that I make a delicious side serving of onion petals with a really great dipping sauce. We've used this sauce for other things such as a burger topping... and well, a sauce for these quesadillas. I think the sauce is what threw it off for my husband so, I will post the recipe for the sauce next, but maybe for now, these quesadillas are better left, un-sauced!

No comments:

Post a Comment