Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bacon Breakfast Sandwich


Ah, Saturday morning. A day to spend cooking up delicious contraptions in the kitchen while your husband zones out on every video game known to man kind. I'm excited to try a new dessert this afternoon. Here I am, getting ahead of myself. I should probably fill you in on what I've actually already made today, as apposed to things I plan on making, right?

I typically try to make something easy, but equally delicious for weekend breakfasts. I'm in such a rush to get my husband off to work with a full belly, I often grab a banana and call it a morning for myself throughout the week. When we first got here, I found myself making pancakes almost every single morning, and even a few breakfast for dinners! We went through an economy sized box of Bisquick in a matter of 3-4 weeks, and let me tell ya' the second box has lasted about 2 1/2 months and still looks un-touched. I started adding a few more items onto my breakfast menus, and the breakfast sandwich was born.

Now, today's sandwich has bacon on it, only because it was thawed and needing to be used. I prefer a sausage breakfast sandwich, but hey, it's a sandwich for breakfast all the same, which is awesome.

Ingredients:
4 slices toast
3 eggs
2 slices cheese
6 slices of bacon
splash of milk
garlic salt
pepper



I should add, you won't see me cook a lot of eggs, period. I can't stand eggs, unless, oddly enough, on a breakfast sandwich. I also have not mastered the art of cooking eggs, and hey people, it is an art.

Directions:
Crack eggs into bowl, and whisk with milk, and a dash of garlic salt and pepper. Set egg mixture aside. Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Place on paper towels to remove excess grease. Set aside. Place slices of toast (I used homemade bread) into toaster, while waiting for your toast to pop back up, start your eggs.



Once toast pops, place a slice of American cheese (or cheese of your choice) on top of one slice of toast, place 3 strips of bacon lengthwise, and egg. Place second piece of bread on top, and there you have it, a bacon breakfast sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment