Thursday, July 29, 2010

Onion Petal Dipping Sauce


The best part about Outback is the bloomin' onion right? Well, if you're apart of my family, the answer to that is yes. The worst part about Outback? Well, one, you demolish close to a year's worth of onion consumption in a matter of minutes, one or two... okay fine, three or four of those little rye loaves of bread. I mean come on! Who honestly makes loaves of bread smaller than a damn teacup Chihuahua!?

My point was, who really wants to eat a huge overpriced steak and your choice or baked potato, mashed potato, or french fries after you've already eaten fist fulls of heavenly fried onion?! Well here at our house we skip the bill, feeling of entering into hibernation, and getting dressed (up). Alright, that last part was a joke. We typically choose to eat with clothes on. I scoured the internet for a recipe for that delicious dipping sauce. I found one, and tweaked it about three times until I was finally satisfied with it. Or, maybe that was just my excuse for continuously making it. Either way, here it is.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp. ketchup
3 tbl. horseradish
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
dash of black pepper

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together. Chill for 30 minutes, covered. Serve with fried onion petals, onion rings, as a burger topping, or any other way you see fit. I've just began to realize how amazing horseradish can be!

2 comments: