Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lemon Cookies



These are one of the easiest cookies I've come across. With only four ingredients, what's a cook not to love?! Now, I typically am not a huge fan of lemons or lemon like things. In fact, I'm typically the person who dines out and requests an ice water hold the lemon, please and thank you! If my memory serves me right, I made these for the first time back in high school. My mom had a box of lemon cake mix sitting in her cupboard for some time. I mean, who buys lemon cake mix anyway? Either way, I googled myself to a cookie recipe requiring a box of lemon cake. Perfection. My best friend absolutely loves these cookies, I think of her everytime I pop these little puppies out of the oven.

Ingredients:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 egg
1/3 c. butter (soft)
1/3 c. shortening



Directions:
Combine all ingredients. Roll into 1-1 1/2 tbl sized balls. I use a cookie scooper, compliments of my best friend. I know, I know, you hear people saying you HAVE to have this or that in your kitchen. I love my cookie dropper, and I'm stickin' to it!

Photobucket

Place on ungreased cookie sheet roughly 2 inches apart.




Bake for 7-8 minutes at 350F. The bottoms should be golden brown. These cookies burn fast so, if they really aren't done at 7 minutes, keep an eye on 'em until they are!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment