Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars


As my husband talks smack on COD in the background, I had to do something to get into my blog state mind. Ah yes, it's Meatloaf. No, no, not for dinner. On YouTube. Who doesn't love listening to a little Meatloaf while blogging about little cheese cake bars sent from heaven above?

I figured my best bet for blogging bliss would be to barricade myself into the bedroom, as far away from the blaring television and shouting husband (at the t.v. of course)as I possibly could. My bliss lasted a mere two minutes before our kitten managed to open the door. She's a cute little Siamese thing, very vocal, and boy does she love me. As long as I can keep her fury little paws away from the keyboard, I should be set to blog away!

These bars looked amazing before they even hit the oven. I should let you in on a little secret. I'd never purchased lemons or blueberries until the other day, just for this science experiment, I mean, recipe. With a delicious graham cracker crust, and the colors of fresh lemons and blueberries working together, I figured these would be a hit with my husband.

I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake, but I saw these little guys on the web and could not help but to try and make them. They were very simple to make, and after listening to my husband moan and groan about the three hour chill time required, we both enjoyed the lovely taste of, what was that? Ah, yes, it was heaven.

Ingredients:
Crust:
9 graham crackers
2 tbl. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 stick of sweet cream butter (melted)

Filling:
2 pkg. cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 lemons (zested and juiced)
3/4 c. fresh blueberries
1/4 c. powdered sugar (for dusting)

Directions:

Rinse fresh blueberries under cold water and set aside to dry.

Place graham crackers into plastic bag and crush into small pieces. Combine crackers with cinnamon, melted butter, and sugar. Place in greased glass baking pan.



Using a glass press firmly down on mixture to spread evenly while packing down to form crust. Bake at 325F for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.

Combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes or until filling is smooth.

Spread evenly on top of cooled crust. Evenly distribute the fresh blueberries on top of the filling and place in the oven for 30 minutes. The top should not be brown. Remove and let cool on counter, then place in fridge to chill for 3 hours. Cut into 9 bars and dust with powdered sugar before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment