Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuna Noodle Casserole


Since I've been so far behind, I won't charm you with my witty humor on this one. I'll make it short and sweet and get right down to the good stuff. Well I mean, it's all good stuff, right?

Ingredients:
1 can tuna, drained
1/2 pkg wide ribbon noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 sleeve of Saltine crackers
A few tbl. butter/marg.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Cook 1/2 pkg noodles. Drain. Mix tuna, cream of mushroom soup, and noodles together and spread evenly into casserole dish. Crush nice layer of saltines over tuna mixture. Generously top crackers with chunks of butter/marg. Bake for about 12-18 minutes or until butter is melted and crackers are *lightly* golden. Not golden, not brown, or burnt, yuck!

*I know a lot of people make this stovetop and add peas, or top with chips (such as Lays) instead of crackers. This is just the way my mom always did it, so I'll stick to this method for now!

--Tonight's dinner was a repeat so I won't bother making another post about it. I will say that I captured it's true apparence on one of my new plates, again, compliments of the in-laws. The picture makes the dish look 1000x better. Check out the Shrimp Scampi!

No comments:

Post a Comment