Friday, August 6, 2010

Bacon Cheeseburgers


Who invented vegetarianism and more importantly, why!? Is there anything better than a huge, juicy, bacon-y, cheesy, burger? Well, probably, but it was pretty good nonetheless. I had pulled out a lb. of ground chuck yesterday afternoon to grill up some burgers for dinner, but, plans changed. Instead of doing the wifely dinner thing, I hung out with a couple of gals, had a few drinks, and got home way later than I originally intended. I could not crawl into bed soon enough! Well, since it sounds as though we have plans tonight, I figured I should use up the thawed meat today, so for lunch, we had burgers. I have to add that our 50 lb lab mix is currently trying to snuggle with our 4 lb. kitten on the end of the bed. It's probably more adorable than a basket full of puppies. Well, I guess it would depend on the breed, there are some pretty stinkin' cute puppies out there, let me tell ya!

On our way back onto post to pick up a friend, I realized I had left my purse... including my military ID and driver's license, but you know me and my persuasive ways, was able to convince the guy to let me on post without any form of ID. Now, this may or may not have included offering to give him my home address, as proof people, as proof. Jeez, what kind of person do you think I am?!

I felt a little bad that I didn't blog my dinner last night, but it was a nice little blog break if I may say so. This really can be exhausting! Demanding hours, late nights, overtime. I will say, being my own boss has it's perks. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with me all day?

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chuck
2 sesame seed buns
fresh lettuce
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
2 slices American cheese
2 slices Swiss cheese
mayo

I'm not going to give you directions, but if I did it would be something along the lines of... mix ingredients together with hands. (minus the bun, lettuce, cheese and mayo) and form into patties. I'm not going to take the time to explain to you how to cook a burger because well, if you don't know that much, you need a lot more help than I'm able to give you. Until next time my little blogger babies.

Oh, I threw in a picture of the animals for good measure. Who doesn't love pictures? Well, you might not if you were from the South Pole, those elves are angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment