Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta


Mmm. This pasta was lighter than your typical bowl. Can pasta really be light? Anyways, when I purchased the pesto for the pizza the other day I saw this jar next to it and it looked equally delicious so I thought I'd give it a whirl. This was an easy and fairly quick meal, although I never realized just how long it took to boil penne noodles! I ran and got my tan on at this place called 'Sun-N-Side' before starting dinner. Get it? Sun-N-Side? Ah, I didn't catch that my first few visits. I'm sure that my face is, or soon will be equally as red as a tomato soon enough. So, this meal is very appropriate.

My husband apparently hates tomatoes. Hey, I'm not a huge fan myself but pasta sauce does not equal tomato in my opinion. Either way, he always complains when there is too much sauce, so, I think this might be perfect for him. He's currently at the gym so we'll find out. By the time he gets back and re-heats it back up, it probably will have lost it's deliciousness right? Well, even if that isn't the case, I can always blame it on that if he tries to claim it's horrible. I topped mine with a scoop of ricotta cheese and a pinch of parsley flakes. I'm trying to come up with things to use this ginormous container of ricotta I still have from last weeks pizza. Any idea how long it lasts? Hmm.

Ingredients:
2 mild Italian sausage links
1/2 lb. penne pasta
1/2 jar sun-dried tomato pesto sauce
garlic salt
ground black pepper
ricotta cheese (optional)
parsley flakes (optional)

Directions:
I boiled my sausage, and then browned for a few minutes in the skillet after removing from water and slicing. Cook pasta according to package. Once drained, combine sausage, penne noodles, pesto, a few shakes of garlic salt and pepper, and mix. Top with a spoonful of ricotta and sprinkle of parsley to dress it up a bit. I thought the ricotta was an amazing little addition.

This may be my shortest and un-wittiest (is that a word?!) post thus far. It's getting late and I'd love to jump in the shower and dry my hair before bed time, which somehow seems to get here faster than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment