Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tater Tot Casserole


The next two posts are my mom's two famous casseroles. My mom, bless her heart, is an awful cook. There are a few things growing up though that my mom cooked on a regular basis. Now, you'd think I'd never want to eat them again, but they've become regulars around here, and so far, no complaints on these two dishes from my husband. They're both quick and easy meals, and hey, for those of us who love to cook, but sometimes just don't want to slave in the hot kitchen for more than 30 minutes, these are perfect. I did add cheese to this meal, which my mom never did, but my best friend back home does and well, everything taste better, and is worse for you, with cheese, right? So hey, why not?

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. tater tots
Sliced American cheese (optional)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to (whatever temp. the tater tot bag says) the kind I use bake at 425. Brown beef in skillet, drain, season (I just use black pepper and a bit of garlic salt or powder) Mix beef with can of cream of mushroom soup and spread evenly into casserole dish. Place single layer of sliced American cheese. This step is optional, I recently started doing this. Top with single layer of tater tots. Bake according to the directions on your particular bag of tater tots. Mine is usually somewhere between 18-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment