Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shrimp Scampi


Ah, what could be better than shrimp and pasta in the same meal? Well, I'm sure there a few things that come to your mind but, hey, it's an easy meal, and more importantly, an easy clean up. My mood sat at somewhere between good and bad all day. For no particular reason, really. You know, just one of those days. I had originally planned on making homemade chicken noodle soup, I even had the chicken in the sink thawing before I decided to change my mind. I threw that chicken in the fridge as though I was playing a quick game of hot potato by myself. Could you imagine? My husband walking into the house and there I am, playing hot potato?

It's early. I'm humoring myself. Well, I suppose it doesn't matter what time it is, I'm always humoring myself. If you can't make yourself laugh, you really aren't that funny now, are you?

This is another not really homemade but I made-it-at-home sort of meals. I use SeaPak's frozen shrimp scampi, then boil my own angel hair pasta, toss with a little olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper, combine them, and call it dinner. I will go a little out of my way to make some good garlic toast, no, not frozen.

I butter bread, sprinkle a little garlic salt, or garlic powder, for those of you trying to watch your sodium intake. To finish, top with shredded mozzarella, a sprinkle of parsley flakes, and toast in the oven at 325F for about 7-8 minutes.

I guess I should have said off the bat, somewhere between the Kielbasa Quesadillas and the Lemon Cookies that my oven is a freak of stoves and cooks way faster than any oven I've ever used. I sometimes have to cut cooking times in half. No worries, I'll warn you ahead of time if that's the case. Normally it's just a few minutes fast. Not that I'm sure if anyone really finds this site useful. Besides my husband of course, for loving that it occupies my attention so he can game nag-free, at least for one post. That's sarcasm people, sarcasm.

About a week ago I woke up to an eaten power adapter for my MacBook. (insert really sad face here) Our ever so lovely kitten was the colporate, which was strange, because she'd never destroyed anything before, except maybe a can of tuna or two. I've been anxiously awaiting the UPS truck to pull up in front of the house, the delivery guy's shadow to pass in front of the front window, and the door bell to obnoxiously ring. Ah, blogging-bliss is near. I can smell it in the air. Or, that may be puppy gas. One can never really be certain when it comes to Dixie. Oh yeah, that's our almost-one-year-old pup. She really enjoys blogging time. Normally an entire hour goes by with no one asking her to shake, other shake, or double shake numerous times, and for what? We don't reward every shake with a treat, why you ask? Dixie likes to shake every time you sit down. When you go to the bathroom, when you go to bed, when you're cooking. You look down and BAM. There it is! That not so dainty black paw upon your knee. It is kinda cute, I'll admit it.

Anyways, this is something I make every couple of weeks. It's really easy and the clean up is easy. Tonight, as promised though, is chicken noodle soup. I invited my best friend from back home over for dinner, she couldn't make it though, something about not wanting to hit rush hour in St. Louis or Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment