Monday, September 13, 2010

Banana Bread


With three ripe bananas sitting in the freezer, again, I decided to make banana bread. Before the bread was even out of the oven my husband was demanding a few slices. When I told him a few slices would basically be half the loaf, he still insisted. Though I can deal with the out dated kitchen the Army has given us, I am starting to get frustrated with our oven. I ended up needed to bake this loaf for 20 minutes beyond what I thought, which is okay, but it's so hit and miss with baking. Cookies bake extremely fast and bread, extremely slow. Now, even more frustrating than my oven? Watching Hoarders on A&E. I mean, I get it. It's an illness. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want their house filled with garbage. Maybe I've always just been good about going through things and throwing out the junk. I'm glad that I'm a compulsive complainer as apposed to a compulsive hoarder. My husband may disagree, but since he's a bit of a neat freak himself, I don't think the hoarding would go over so well. I'm suddenly getting a strong urge to clean my house so, I'll get on with the banana bread!

Ingredients:
2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 over ripe bananas
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, sugar, eggs and oil with masher. Fold in the banana mixture with the dry ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes. I cover mine with foil for the last 10-15 minutes to avoid over browning the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment