Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sausage Tortellini


Well, here we are. Day 1 of my husband off at a training school. I know it's a great oppurtunity for him, so I'm trying not to throw too many fits over my boredum. This was his last home cooked meal before he left. Two weeks filled with MREs, chow, and whatever contraband they're able to sneak in. Actually, I'm not quite sure how strict this school is. Apparently they have visitation hours. That makes it sound like prison to me. I'm sure our bank account will see the perks of the hubby being gone but the blog I'm afraid will probably lack. I will try every few days to get something made and blog worthy. I've been toying with the idea of running to Wal-Mart all day. I've got to pick up a few ingredients for my as promised blueberry muffins this week. I'm afraid that I'll be left wandering the aisles for much longer than needed just to kill time. Or, I'll walk past something that sparks a project idea and I'll spend money that I don't want to. Ah, the challenges of a blogger.

I first decided that I'd use a red sauce. I normally purchase pre-made three cheese tortellini, but went with sweet Italian sausage stuffed tortellini this time. Well, I figured that the sausage would better be paired with a red sauce. My husband? He prefers white. Ah, and husband gets what husband wants. I changed up the alfredo sauce though, and it worked for me in the end.

Ingredients:
1 pkg. sweet Italian sausage stuffed tortellini
1 pkg. McCormick's alfredo mix
1 c. milk
3 tbl. butter
1 tbl. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Directions:
Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Drain, set aside. Instead of following the alfredo mix directions, I added minced garlic to the melting butter over medium heat in a medium skillet. Once the butter is fully melted, add milk, whisk in pkg contents. Once sauce is bubbling, add pepper and continue to whisk. Follow remaining instructions on package. Combine pasta and sauce. Mmm.

I made homemade garlic cheese toast, just an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment