Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pasta Cupcakes


Pasta whaaat? That's right, I said it, Pasta Cupcakes. Now, I realized about 30 seconds after attempting to plate these little guys that I didn't let them cool enough to set in their little cupcake shapes. I didn't have any cupcake liners so I greased the cups with olive oil instead. It seemed to work out fairly decent, except the shape reinforcement after removing them. Anyways, they actually tasted pretty good for something I threw together with hardly any food left in the kitchen. I've been attempting at proving a point while my husband has been away these two weeks that I don't spend money on un-necessary things. Well, I know that groceries are sort of a necessity but I'm good at making something out of nothing, hence tonight's meal. With a snoring pup at my feet and really wishing it was me doing the snoring, I'll make this quick.

Ingredients:
1/2 box rigatoni pasta (or your choice)
1 jar Classico Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
1/2 c. cottage cheese
1/2 c. Italian style bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450F. Mix together bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil, set aside. Prepare noodles per package directions. Once drained, place one layer of noodles into bottom of greased cupcake pan. The next layer will be 1 tbsp. pesto (or pasta sauce of your choice). Another layer of noodles. A small spoonful of cottage cheese (ricotta would work nicely as well), topped with another spoonful of pesto. Top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Allow to cool enough for cupcakes to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment