Friday, September 10, 2010

Penne Bake with Meatballs


I know that all of you are probably expecting many more posts with the lack there of the past week. I regret to tell you that all you're getting today is two. I failed to mention in my first post of the day about how our amazing trip home ended in a really sick me. Have you ever woke up at 5 am extremely sick and made your way to the airport to catch a few flights while you were at it? Well with my pocket-sized Kleenex in my purse, I somehow, and by somehow I mean barely, made it home. I've never seen anyone use those little white bags supplied by the airline but I was keeping a close eye on mine. Boy, what an awful, awful, traveling day. I didn't cook much once we got home. I believe that first night in fact my husband and I shared a Tostino's Party Pizza. That is a really sad day in this house. Well, last night's dinner was actually not planned. With my husband and I disagreeing on a particular event for most of the day, I tried warming up some soup and making my way back into the bedroom before I realized it was not the soup I had hoped it would be. Then, the Penne Bake was created. I served some of the garlic parm knots I've posted before with this. I think my husbands belly was happy by the end of dinner.

Ingredients:
1/2 box penne pasta
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
12 premade frozen meatballs, thawed
1/2 jar pasta sauce

Directions:
Cook pasta according to box. Once drained, add to sauce and thawed meatballs. Now, typically I wouldn't use packaged meatballs, but we had them in the freezer and this was a quick throw together meal that actually turned out pretty decent. You can make some from the recipe below if you choose. Top with Parmesan cheese and lastly the mozzarella. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment